Saturday, August 13, 2005

Retarded Tutorial Balleting

Today I had a manual balleting for my tutorial class for one of my modules.

Classes of 14, the first 14 who got their names on the paper. And at "Go!", like the Singaporeans we are, the 100plus animals in the lecture theatre massed to the front to fill their names at the timeslot they wanted. To do it at one shot, instead of class by class is fucking retarded. But that's not all.

My friend and I went to the front and joined the queue for a timeslot I wanted. He was 5th in the queue, I was 9th.

"Ho say la" I thought. But even before my friend reached the Bastard holding the paper, the class was full! How come? Because the Bastard simply wrote all his friend's names first. And I'm still fucking pissed. I don't want to make trouble in school, but at this rate I don't know how much longer I can endure these retarded people.

If I didn't get my slot because I was taking my own sweet time to make my way to the front I accept it. But I managed to get into 9th position! Because this wasn't a popular timing! Lau cheeby. That I cannot accept. That this Bastard has no integrity to do his appointed job properly without bias. I am fucking pissed because my time table is screwed and it shouldn't have been.

Fucking Bastard! I hope his parents get into a car accident, his father gets stuck in, bleeds to death in extreme pain as the firemen try to free him. His mother survives only to see the his father dying in such pain, gets into depression and decides to jump off a building, only to land on his grandmother/grandfather, killing them both.

Bastard then gets married, and after 10years of trying for a child, his wife finally gets pregnant but only dies during childbirth. And THE FUCKING CHILD'S A STILLBORN! Po bor cheeby si piao kia.


(Its damn childish, but at least I'm venting my frustration)

3 choices of how the tutorial classes for one of my modules was given.
-By maltriculation no.
-By surname.
-By preference.

The original idea was to have pre-allocated slots, but then they decided to allow preferencial groups. Which is a good idea. BUT IF YOU WANT TO FUCKING DO IT THEN PLEASE DO IT PROPERLY~! What's the point in allowing choice if in the end it comes down to
-Who knows the class rep (The person with the paper)
-Who's the fastest to the queue
-Who's the most kiasu to standby infront.

Kiasu to the extent of sharing lecture room chairs on the front row. Sitting in between them. Fucking animals.

We are fucking university students. WE ARE NOT PLAYING SURVIVOR. OR RUGBY. Or something along those lines.

At the very least do it in a systematic way. Maybe to call out timing by timing so those interested can make their way down, so that a scenario of 100 kiasu motherfuckers pushing and rushing forwards at the same time does not occur.

Or people like Bastard can be supervised. So that there's actually integrity in the system, and the organisers can spot people like Bastard who have no integrity, so we can all step on that bloody cockcroach.

*******

On this topic, the other day I was at the interchange queueing for the bus. I'm sure we've all seen animals disguised as humans just cutting in from the side when the bus comes so they can grab a seat. So that happened, and an ah pek behind just went:

"Ay bo pia tui. Buay pai seh ah, boooo"

I thought that was damn amusing, but how those animals can carry on cutting the queue as if nothing happened and not feel the least embarrassed is beyond me. I was amazed.

Maybe this is what we call "uniquely Singaporean". Should've featured this on NDP.

And the animals in my lecture group. (Not all, just those few crowding infront, and especially those so desperate they sat on the arm rest of the front row seats)

*******

Anyway on a totally unrelated note, I don't usually read blogs of people whom I don't know but I've been reading this particular one quite often. Besides the occasional bouts of ranting, and the chessy title, otherwise I think she writes extremely well and is a very good read. Do check it out if you've bored.

(Kerk's a fan too so you know you're in good company)
(No, I'm not lifeless I just happen to be very free)
(Fuck, just realised the colour codings used are very similar. I swear it's a coincidence T_T )

*******

Just got home from katong. The bak chor mee is very nice wor. You people must come to the east more often lah. Don't be a west-sider all your life! How about today! =P

Wah long entry. But still not sleepy. Jialat...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home