Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Aussie Trip Day 1

The planning for the trip was non-existant. Basically Ky, Kerk and I talked about going to Melbourne on Tuesday, booked our tickets on Thursday, and flew to Melbourne on Friday.

Armed with nothing but a hand-drawn map that showed the way to Kelvin's house from Southern Cross Station, we made our way to Changi for our flight to Melbourne!

Introducing the trio with balls of steel:


Ky

foong

Kerk!

Fortunately, Kelvin contacted us at the last minute saying that he could pick us up from the airport. With nowhere to stay, the shameless trio crashed Kelvin's apartment after supper for a place to sleep.

our good-manner host for the night
setting up our squatter settlement in kel's apartment
The plan for the following morning was to head over to Mornington Peninsula to visit the vineyards, wineries and breweries. Met up with Lester and gang who were also on holiday in Melbourne from Perth and off we went!


kerk looks happy in the morning
streets of melbourne

ky, with jy and girlfriend

our flashy yellow Lancer and gosu drivers working out the route
First Winery
Our fav tableshot

Group photo!
Redhill Winery
the Bs
the Gs
In total we visted 3 wineries, T'Gallant, Redhill and another which I can't remember the name. We then headed further down the road for the main event (for me at least), beer at Redhill breweries! These pictures below were taken for John. =)

thumbs up for the beer!

And that was all for the first day.
The personal highlight of the day for me was the journey back to Melbourne city, because I held my shite (literally) for about 2 hours on the drive back. I felt bloody miserable, but at least now I'm convinced that I can achieve anything once I set my mind to it. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home