Thursday, October 26, 2006

Competitive?

I know it's kinda unethical to publish e-mails from others but I was pretty pissed off by this fella from my tutorial.

For your info, the tutorial participation, powerpoint slides, and presentation mentioned held a grand total of 0, 0, and 4% of the course grade.

Hello all,

I'm ok with any one of them. Gab can you decide? Do you have Ezekiel's contact? could you inform him about this? It would be good if we go down this weekend.

As for the rest of our group mates who haven't replied, i guess we shall not waste time and stop playing the waiting game. The deadline is tight enough. If nothing has been heard out from them by Saturday, I would email our tutor telling her that they are forming their own separate group. Either that or I would send her a petition that would be cced to both our lecturers to ask that they not be given the same grade as the rest of the group.

I don't see why and how is it fair that we should get the same grade if not everyone is contributing. Even if they are busy, it is their responsibility to inform us and keep us updated in the first place.

As mentioned in our tutor's email, she would require us to submit our powerpoint slides on our presentation on Family and Deviance before the next tutorial? Could I have the slides by the midnight of Tuesday, so that I could combine them and email it to her in time?
Do remember to include your Full name and Matric Number. Those who did not send in by the mid-night of Tuesday, I would just leave out your name. I'm not sure but apparently she's using this to gauge tutorial participation.


Whatever happened to the friendly cooperation?

I've heard of overly petty students but this is the first time I've actually met one.

Sigh.

(anyway, if you're guessing, I replied to his email and did my work, so his not talking about me, but im still pissed.)

6 Comments:

Blogger enerac said...

wat a wanker.. the entire tone of the email is very condescending.. watz up with the superior than thou attitude... geez....

but then again, i've dealt with enuf slackers in uni to understand that sometimes there's a limit to your patience especially with somethin that directly affects ur grades..

my fren tolerated and redid the slackers' shitty work but gave them the credit still.. sad..

6:26 pm  
Blogger foong said...

yep, i've met my fair share of slackers too, but jus kinda felt he was over reacting for a presentation worth like 4% of the course grade.

it'll probably show who hasn't done his share of work during the presentation itself.

and his self-set deadline's a joke too. whoever appointed him the leader anyway. T_T

besides, considering that it's only been 2-3days after his first mail, using such a tone quite shows the asshole that he is. T_T

2:20 pm  
Blogger yuda said...

there're 2 types of wankers, 1 tt wanks all day and does nuthin and 1 tt wanks all day but actually gets things done...i suppose he's the 2nd kind of wanker... wanker nonetheless but lesser of 2 evils...i rather have this guy in my team than a slacker or a type 1 wanker -.-

2:18 pm  
Blogger foong said...

lol~ i like ur perspective. but it's still just 4%. i don't see the need to go all to kill the type 1 wankers.

and he hasnt proven himself to be a type 2 wanker yet, has done nothing cept for sending those emails.

given his performances so far, ill think of him as a wayang wanker; someone who pretends that he doesnt actually wank, condemns the type 1s for wanking, sends them to the bottom of the bell curve, den proceeds to wank, eat his own cum and live then happily ever after.

T_T

5:21 pm  
Blogger enerac said...

hahaha.... it wld be pure gold if the wanker in question could read this manz.. lolz..

3:47 am  
Blogger foong said...

haha, den he'll probably cc this to the tutor and force me to join another group or suffer from lower grades.

1:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home